Register

Renditioner compatible with sketchup 2014 available in the general discussion thread - SKETCHUP 2014.

What Do You Know about this New Renditioner Pro for $149.00
Read 3012 times
* May 10, 2011, 11:52:01 AM
Is this an upgrade to the original Renditioner or a new program?

What do you know about it?

Thanks,
U

* May 10, 2011, 02:43:50 PM
It's a new program. Different work flow (if you are a 1.x user, this may take a few days to get pass), overall easier to use, new and better rendering features, less need for post processing. On the other hand, some minor bugs, and on my pc, the screen controls are difficult. In addition, v1 and v2 can not exist on the same machine, and past v1 render models may not render as expected with v2.

However IMO it is money well spent.

* May 10, 2011, 03:42:40 PM
Hey H!
Thanks for the input!

I worked with v2 for the 30 day free trial and loved it. However, I am really an architect as opposed to a professional renderer, and after the 30 days, I was simply too busy to follow-up with this hobby.

I had kind of forgotten about it and then I received this email about the Pro version. It didn't really look the same, but considering that I learned how to effectively use v2 after only a couple days, I thought this might be a good buy for going forward.

So you think its pretty cool?

Thanks Again!
U

* May 10, 2011, 04:19:30 PM
Yes, I too am an Architect too busy to do professional renders. V2 does it for me.

* May 11, 2011, 12:39:47 PM
H-
Are you using Pro or v2 right now?

U

* May 11, 2011, 01:42:50 PM
Pro v2.0.

* May 11, 2011, 04:45:51 PM
H-
How about the workflow?

It seems very different with Pro than the original trial version I sampled several months ago ...

Do you find it effective?

U

* May 11, 2011, 07:57:23 PM
The work flow for v2.0 is very different, unlike v1.x, and IMO very effective. For one, you have to isolate identical Su textures if you want them to render with different "render features". For example if you use a specific "gray" for a mirror, and another wall surfaces in Su. When you make the mirror reflected in the render, all "gray", all the walls with "gray" will become mirrors. In order to avoid this, select another color for the mirror, or "make unique" the "gray" mirror in Su prior to rendering. However even if you forget, its easy to fix it. There are many other ways v2.0 is improved. The only way to learn is to start rendering. If nothing else, it is easy to learn, as long as you try not to duplicate your v1.x work flow. I also do not have to post process much anymore.

* May 13, 2011, 09:37:28 AM
H-
Thanks for the insights!

It was really shock to come back to Pro and see how different it was ... but - of course - you are right: You just have to get in there and use it (just like the first go-round with v.2).

Thanks Again!

U

BTW ... how business in the Islands? I have been licensed in Hawaii for more than 15 years primarily doing work on Maui, but things have really slowed over the past couple years. I'm hoping it picks-up ... its one of my more favorite places to work.