Register

Renditioner compatible with sketchup 2014 available in the general discussion thread - SKETCHUP 2014.

How to place invisible spotlights?
Read 4524 times
* July 09, 2011, 05:48:04 AM
Dear all,

I would like to know how to place multiple spotlights over my model, without seeing any shadow of these spotlights.  Does anyone can tell me how to do that?

Many thanks in advance, as usual.

Caroline

* July 09, 2011, 06:37:45 AM
A invisible spotlight is made from lines (no surfaces). There is one that comes with the renditioner light fixtures.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 06:40:06 AM by honoluludesktop »

* July 09, 2011, 08:15:18 AM
Hi Honolulu,

Many thanks for your help.  I can't actually find this component in the light components of IDX.  Does this line light has a name?  Is it a new download?

Thanks again,

Caroline

* July 10, 2011, 05:12:49 AM
It is from v1, and called "IDX Invisible Light". Attached below.

[attachment deleted by admin]

* July 10, 2011, 09:03:04 AM
Thanks again Honolulu for the attachment.  My appologizes I must admit that I am a bit slow... how do I orientate the invisible axis?  Do you happen to know if there is a video showing a tutorial on that?

Thanking you again!

Caroline

* July 10, 2011, 09:27:17 AM
I think it is by pointing the fixture's zaxis. This plugin will help you. I posted it here, but don't recall where.

* July 10, 2011, 01:51:49 PM
Hi again Honolulu,

Thank you for the plugin.

Unfortunately I am a little slow... I have downloaded the pluging, but what do I do with it?  How do you use it?  I have red some instructions in a different forum but I really don't understand what to do!  Do you happen to know if a video tutorial exist?

Any further help would be greatly appreciated!

Caroline

* July 11, 2011, 07:20:15 AM
Right click any component, and select the prompt to "point component's z.axis", then select where you want the component to point. If it is the invisible light, do the same. The plugin has a special feature to point the light only, in a IDX recessed fixture.

* July 11, 2011, 07:48:41 AM
It is working Honolulu!

Thank you so much for this great opportunity to learn.

Kind regards,

Caroline :)

* January 21, 2013, 06:15:32 PM
Hi Honolulu,

Since July 2011,  I changed my Sketchup for SketchupPro 8, and for some unknown reasons this plug-in folder (as well as the plug-in itself) is no longer working.  I don't know what to do... this plug-in was VERY useful.

Here is what I see inside my computer:

my username - library - application support -  Google Sketup 8 - Sketchup - and then these folders:
Autosave, Materials, Old colors

If I don't have a "Plugin" folder, what should I do to make this plug-in work again?

Thank you so much in advance,

Kind regards,

Caroline

It is working Honolulu!

Thank you so much for this great opportunity to learn.

Kind regards,

Caroline :)

January 22, 2013, 01:08:10 AM
Hi Caroline, are you saying the plug in folder within sketchup is missing/removed?  Not sure sketchup will even function in this case.  Best bet if the folder itself is missing is to completely remove and reinstall sketchup, then reinstall your plugins.

Chillblast PC
i-7 3.07ghz 64 bits system.
nvidia GeForce GTX 460 1gb Graphics Card.
16Gb Ram.
Win 7 64 bit.
Renditioner Pro v3 (2.3.81851-2.4.81818-8.3.80994)

* January 22, 2013, 09:05:20 AM
Hi Mike, thanks for your suggestion.

My Sketchup is still working very well, even with this "plugin" folder missing.  Reinstalling the whole thing seems like a tedious thing...

My guess is that Sketchup 8 Pro may not be working with a plug-in folder, instead it may be working with the
Sketchup - Preferences - Extensions - Install extensions, only.  However, the plug-in that Honolulu kindly shared is a "rb" file, which the Sketchup 8 Pro does not open (opens rbz).

Any other ideas?

Thank you again,

Caroline

January 24, 2013, 12:03:00 PM
I there is no plugin folder, you will have problems at some time, I really have no idea what you are seeing though, perhaps a screenshot with the folder heirachy would help.  I have not known a situation of an individual plugin going missing without it being cured by simply checking to see if it is still there but corrupt or missing.  If it is there (corrupt) simply reinstall that plugin after removing any parts of it that you see.  If it is missing just replace the plugin.

Chillblast PC
i-7 3.07ghz 64 bits system.
nvidia GeForce GTX 460 1gb Graphics Card.
16Gb Ram.
Win 7 64 bit.
Renditioner Pro v3 (2.3.81851-2.4.81818-8.3.80994)