Register

Renditioner compatible with sketchup 2014 available in the general discussion thread - SKETCHUP 2014.

Posting sizes and limitations
Read 7354 times
* March 13, 2008, 12:13:51 PM
We love to see your renderings, so please post freely here.

Any individual post is limited to 4 attachments totalling about < 10MB or so.

With that size limit, your .jpg and .png images should post well, even at moderate sizes.

If you have information on the time it took to render (and number of CPU cores you had), the original render size (if different than the size posted), or the settings used, other users can really benefit from this.

For settings, an example might be "Room - Interior - Standard - 7 tics - Twilight Clear - heavy Natural light."  The first items are from render settings:  Scene Size, Lighting Characteristics, Image Quality, then the position on the Lighting Accuracy slider (total of 10 tic positions).  the last two items are from the Lighting Dialog, with Conditions and Light Sources.

If the important element is the material settings, you might mention a material element and how smooth or rough you made the bumpiness, whether you reversed bumps, and the material finish used.

Thanks.  I think everyone can benefit by learning from each other this way.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 02:48:55 PM by wmanning »

* October 27, 2008, 09:06:47 AM
I forgot to include settings on my recent submitted gallery model (My Piano Room).  I have now modified the message to include this information.