Register

Renditioner compatible with sketchup 2014 available in the general discussion thread - SKETCHUP 2014.

Any tips for creating custom light fixtures w/ V2 Pro?...
Read 1868 times
* April 02, 2012, 09:34:13 PM
Hey guys- hope you're all doing well.

So I've been trying to create custom "LED Ambient" light fixtures in sketch-up and am struggling to get create the ambient glow I want.

Basically, I'd like to be able to replicate the effect many of the stock Rend. lights have in the way they project and or glow through "frosted glass" or pearl glass. I've tried dismantling the stock lights and adapting materials that should be transparent but come to block light when used outside of stock light fixtures.

In terms of the effect I'm going for- I simply want to create a box or similar shapes that emit light evenly and appear to aluminate the fixture material.

Additionally, when I use the invisible light fixtures in trying to assemble said "glowing boxes," the fixtures seem to multiple shading effects and a grid of light trajectory appears.

Thoughts? How do I create shapes that can evenly emit light and out of what "material."

You can see some of what I'm talking about in my last post.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

April 08, 2012, 08:52:43 AM
In any component, you can adjust the shadow atributes, are you de-selecting the cast shadow feature?

Chillblast PC
i-7 3.07ghz 64 bits system.
nvidia GeForce GTX 460 1gb Graphics Card.
16Gb Ram.
Win 7 64 bit.
Renditioner Pro v3 (2.3.81851-2.4.81818-8.3.80994)