Register

Renditioner compatible with sketchup 2014 available in the general discussion thread - SKETCHUP 2014.

Shall I purchase Renditioner?
Read 1638 times
* September 10, 2012, 04:31:36 AM
Hi All,

I have spent hours trying to choose which Sketchup rendering package to use, my first conclusion was to go with Maxwell, but it's complexity has baffled me and so I have come to Renditioner.  So far, I like what I've tried out with the free Express version, but now I'm debating whether to actually start paying some money for my software, and if I do, do I require the full Pro version or stick with the $99 version.  I'm a freelance commercial interior designer (offices mostly) and I'm realizing that clients are now expecting high quality 3D graphics, having said that I've currently very short of clients and my bank balance is disastrous.  I'd be really appreciative of your input and recommendations.

Thanks, Kathryn

* September 10, 2012, 12:13:34 PM
Hi Kathryn.
We offer trial versions of all 3 flavors.  So your best bet would be to try the products.

* September 13, 2012, 04:25:12 AM
Hi again,

Well, I'm trying the trial versions but I'm completely at a loss as to where the lights are. All I see when entering in the 'lighting' pallette are general lighting schemes under the headings 'fast', 'interior' and 'exterior', there are no light fittings as I had hoped to see.  I watched the (rather old) YouTube tutorial on how to include wall and ceiling lights in a dance studio, I was so impressed and this was the motivating factor behind coming to Renditioner.  Now, it might be that I'm just being a little dim (happens often enough) or it may be that the trial version (called 'Lite' in the weblink) that I've downloaded is the same spec as the Express version and some error has occurred in what I was emailed.  I'm unsure and would really appreciate some help.

Thank you ever so much,

Kathryn

* September 14, 2012, 04:05:10 PM
Kathryn turn any component into a Renditioner light source by right-clicking and choosing Renditioner Light Attributes.  In addition in the Components Dialog Renditoner should be have created a "Renditioner Lights" folder.   As for the Trial they should not be limited in this regard of course always best to use the Pro version :)

* September 15, 2012, 01:56:00 AM
Hi,

That's brilliant - thank you so much for your advice!

Kathryn