Register

Renditioner compatible with sketchup 2014 available in the general discussion thread - SKETCHUP 2014.

How do I control exposure on Architectural Interior Lighting Hazy?
Read 1346 times
* March 26, 2013, 04:06:47 AM
I hope this isn't one of those dumb questions which is going to have me slapping my forehead in embarrassmant when someone points out the obvious answer.  ::)

I am trying to do a render using the Architectural Interior Lighting Tab using Daylight Cloudy. The results are completely bleached and radically overexposed and I can find no way of controlling this as the lighting dialogue only appears to control additional model lights (of which there are none) not the basic lighting, aside from shadow densities. How do I reduce basic overall exposure?

There must be some  way of doing this that I am completely missing.  :-\

March 27, 2013, 01:29:39 AM
We really need to see the model AND the lwx file to recreate the render with your settings, it might be worthwhile rendering with a daylight exterior setting to see what you get.  If your model is a large file please place it on a drop box site or the microsoft sky grive for downloading.  Not an excuse, it is helpful to give you a full answer.

Chillblast PC
i-7 3.07ghz 64 bits system.
nvidia GeForce GTX 460 1gb Graphics Card.
16Gb Ram.
Win 7 64 bit.
Renditioner Pro v3 (2.3.81851-2.4.81818-8.3.80994)

* April 18, 2013, 04:12:35 AM
Please forgive my not replying to this sooner. Unexpected illness has kept me from my machine for a couple of weeks. All fine now. I no longer have the files you request. My concern was less with the particular image, which was simply one of a series of different renders with which I was experimenting to get the feel of Renditioner, than with the question it gave rise to - "Is there a way of controlling the base exposure when rendering architectural interiors?".

April 18, 2013, 12:07:19 PM
Hi David, sorry to hear that, I hope things go better from here on.  When you look at the renditioner window,on the right side, you will see a light bulb.  Select this and you will see various parameters you can adjust.  Try varying the renditioner lighting effects from internal to external and you will also see a difference too.  Renditioner uses an 'averaging' algorithm in all things lighting which takes a bit of getting used to but generally you can find enough adjustment under the light editing box I mentioned.

Stay well and ask all the questions you want.  Have a great week David.

Chillblast PC
i-7 3.07ghz 64 bits system.
nvidia GeForce GTX 460 1gb Graphics Card.
16Gb Ram.
Win 7 64 bit.
Renditioner Pro v3 (2.3.81851-2.4.81818-8.3.80994)

* April 24, 2013, 06:26:05 AM
Thanks Mike. Will do.