Register

Renditioner compatible with sketchup 2014 available in the general discussion thread - SKETCHUP 2014.

SketchUp 2013
Read 1472 times
May 24, 2013, 03:28:57 AM
Hi Mike,
as you well know,
has released the new version of SketchUp (2013).
I have downloaded the PRO version, under test.
I tried, with copy and paste, to insert Renditioner, in the plugin folder of the new version.
Obviously this does not work.
Foreseeable some updates of Renditioner?

Thank you,
regards,
Roberto

P.S.
What do you think of the new SketchUp?

May 24, 2013, 04:03:49 AM
Hi,

Yes, I noticed the new sketchup release and think they did themselves few favours with the sloppy release.  I am aware the copy paste method will not work and this is part of the copywrite protection as you can only have one copy of the program per computer.  Something I am trying to get chenged as we sometimes have more than one version of skethcup on our computers.  Especially when there is a new and untested version on release.....

I have not done much with 2013 so I cannot make a proper assessment yet but by all accounts it is a more stable release so I should be happy.  There is ongoing work being done to test compatibility and sort out any problems there may be but have no timeline on any changes there might be.  I really think trimble shopuld have made this a free update to pro users to get some good will going with customers who have been disappointed over a failure to fix old bugs, giving themselves a good start but obviously not, we will have to see how things go from here with the first reall test coming with the next full update (2014 ish).

Chillblast PC
i-7 3.07ghz 64 bits system.
nvidia GeForce GTX 460 1gb Graphics Card.
16Gb Ram.
Win 7 64 bit.
Renditioner Pro v3 (2.3.81851-2.4.81818-8.3.80994)

* May 24, 2013, 12:04:56 PM
We expect to have the Windows ready by the end of next week and the MAC version the week after.