Register

Renditioner compatible with sketchup 2014 available in the general discussion thread - SKETCHUP 2014.

IDX Renditioner v2 - Install Issues
Read 15319 times
* March 01, 2011, 12:52:34 AM
Hi sectionaa, I note from your earlier posts that you're running SU7, as I was initially. There is no way I could get Renditioner Pro to recognise SU7 which is why I installed SU8, then the installation went fine. The next problem was configuring Renditioner Pro from within SU8 which was resolved by turning of 'Use hardware acceleration'.
Good luck

March 01, 2011, 07:31:00 AM
Hi,

As this topic has been raised before, I have not answered it here.  When problems come up, whatever product or forum you are on, you will need to do a search to make sure the problem you have has not been solved or answered already.

I have requested this issue be looked into and as I have nothing to tell you thought it rather pointless to keep saying just that.  I understand that when things do not run to plan, it feels like you are being ignored and that paying customers deserve better etc.  The issue is not being ignored and as soon as there is something concrete to tell you there will be a notification on the forum.  I hope you can have a bit more patience with the team as they are working flat out.  Those of you who have mentioned other render programs might like to think again, I have used a great many of them and not just those working in and around sketchup and V2 is going to knock their socks off when it is cleared up.  Sketchup itself is a source of problems which due to the nature of working within and from third party software, can chuck all kinds of spanners into the works, ask anyone close to the industry if you cannot believe me.  Lastly.  There have been some changes here which meant stepping in and holding the fort, Imsidesign and IDX are run by and have working for them, some truly gifted and decent people so can we cut them a little slack please?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 10:28:02 AM by Mike »

Chillblast PC
i-7 3.07ghz 64 bits system.
nvidia GeForce GTX 460 1gb Graphics Card.
16Gb Ram.
Win 7 64 bit.
Renditioner Pro v3 (2.3.81851-2.4.81818-8.3.80994)

* March 02, 2011, 08:53:30 AM
Mike,
Having read through the posts on this thread, I think your response is a little petulant. Other than my own question ...

Is the official IMSI support process always this 'quiet'?

... I don't think there was any real criticism of the IMSI support team.

I think you should take a step back and consider the position of a user who has eagerly responded to the promotional emails from IMSI (and they're still coming in), promising wonderful things from the NEW Renditioner Pro; a plugin designed to work with SketchUp. Having bought the program only to discover that it will not even recognise SU7 and will not install properly with SU8, I think I (and others) am entitled to be a little disgruntled! I have resolved my problem with help and guidance from other forum members - not IMSI support.

I'm sure IMSI do have some 'truly gifted and decent people' but this is not a personal issue. You know what they say, if you can't stand the heat...

March 02, 2011, 10:23:26 AM
"Mike,
Having read through the posts on this thread, I think your response is a little petulant. Other than my own question ...

Is the official IMSI support process always this 'quiet'?

... I don't think there was any real criticism of the IMSI support team"

Petulant?  How so?  All I did was point out that there are more than a few things going on and this is just one of them.

"I think you should take a step back and consider the position of a user who has eagerly responded to the promotional emails from IMSI (and they're still coming in), promising wonderful things from the NEW Renditioner Pro; a plugin designed to work with SketchUp. Having bought the program only to discover that it will not even recognise SU7 and will not install properly with SU8, I think I (and others) am entitled to be a little disgruntled! I have resolved my problem with help and guidance from other forum members - not IMSI support."

If you are referring to me, I am not IMSI support, I am a user like everyone else here.

"I'm sure IMSI do have some 'truly gifted and decent people' but this is not a personal issue. You know what they say, if you can't stand the heat..."

At last, a definition of petulant comes up.  Still if you cannot stand the heat in the kitchen, there is always the garage..........

Chillblast PC
16Gb Ram.
Win 7 64 bit.

* March 03, 2011, 01:05:28 AM
What can I say Mike? I thought these forums were all about help, support and guidance for the good of all.
I maybe a 'newbie' but I saw nothing in this thread - and still can't - which could explain your outburst.
In my repsonse, I did not imply that you were IMSI support; as you had jumped in to defend the 'truly gifted and decent people' people of IMSI (which I do not doubt they are) I merely tried to explain why Renditioner Pro purchasers had a right to feel agrieved.
Anyway, as a new recruit, I am delighted the forum worked for me. I am sorry if I have ruffled a few feathers along the way.

March 03, 2011, 02:18:03 AM
Terry, first off, there was no 'outburst'.  I was merely explaining that things take time and if you looked around before posting you would see that.  many folk do not read what has been posted before they write.  Simples.

If you read an 'outburst' into my post it is because that is what 'you' want it to be.  Perhaps your age and current state of mind have a role to play here I am not sure.  This is not the first time folk have disagreed on the internet and I can assure you, your conduct would have been different had we been face to face, the niceties of non verbal communication are easily lost when the medium is so far removed from the conversants.

Also, I did not 'jump in' to defend the folk at imsi, they are perfectly capable of doing that.  What I was doing was attempting to allay folks concerns about the apparent non response of the company and this aspect is also touched on above.  Search for the problem or issue you want to report and the chances are you will find it already addressed.  A simple and quicker way of getting an answer.  As far as being agrieved goes, I am with you on that and will not add the e-mails between myself and the company because that is personal stuff and I would not expect, or even ask, to see your personal communications.

We can get on quite ammicably, a secret to this is to read any thread with what is called 'soto voce' or soft voice.  If you read anything and are moody or tired it is easy to miss the true meaning of what is being said.  Try It and have a great weekend.

Note the news section at the top of the home page for the issue solution.

Chillblast PC
16Gb Ram.
Win 7 64 bit.

* March 03, 2011, 03:36:28 AM
Hi Mike
Point taken. As I said, I'm new to the forum community, but 'soto voce' is the key.
Now to get to grips with Renditioner Pro.

March 03, 2011, 03:39:38 AM
Thanks Terry, nice to meet you, enjoy your stay and I hope you enjoy using the program.

Chillblast PC
16Gb Ram.
Win 7 64 bit.

* March 03, 2011, 03:56:48 AM
I just read Mike's note about the new Renditioner Pro download file, and, having just tried it, I can confirm that this one installs on my machine, whereas the previous one did not.
It also works, but I can see it will take some time and effort to get the hang of it.
Looking forward to trying it out.

* April 26, 2011, 09:42:36 AM
how to solve ?
work with all version..maybe

1. First, u must have an installed 7zip any version (www.7zip.org) ..free
2. Right click file IDX-Renditioner-Express-Free-1-1.exe or anything similiar then select 7zip and extract here
3. U will found a lot of files from that program installation.
4. Right click file IDX Renditioner Express Free.msi (must dot msi) then select create shortcut
5. Right click shortcut that u made and select properties
6. In target column add "/q" command..without quotation mark
example "J:\Idiot\IDX-Renditioner-Express-Free-1-1\IDX Renditioner Express Free.msi" /q
7. Apply and Doube click that shortcut..
8. Installation will begin with quite modes..just wait about 60 sec
9. Open dir C:/program files/IDX/Renditioner Express Free 1.0
10. Copy components and plugins folder
11. Open google sketch up installation folder
12. Paste
13. Done

fair enough ?

sorry..for my terrible english
im indonesian noob :)