Register

Renditioner compatible with sketchup 2014 available in the general discussion thread - SKETCHUP 2014.

New Renders - New User
Read 827 times
* September 25, 2014, 08:43:44 AM
Here are a few of the renders I have done. Please feel free to make any comments, I love to learn.

September 25, 2014, 11:38:11 AM
Nice, I like the boat in particular.  It is difficult to see what settings you have used and as for materials well, it is a bit of alchemy to come up with the right ones.  If you want to pick up tips there are a few people who would be able to help besides myself and it would help if you could post a screen shot of your light settings, just select the lighting control on the top of the renditioner window and you will see a small light bulb,  Select this and you will get the option to change lighting settings.  while this window is open, print the screen and crop and save.  We can then get a better insight into what you are trying for.  It is helpful if you want to see what others can come up with to attach the model and the .lwx file which is the save folder created by renditioner when you save your settings.  I am going to try to get the extra material files attached to the artisan or the renditioner site so you and others can download them but cannot say when I can get it done by.  Welcome to the forum and anything you need to ask will be answered to the best of our abilities.

A note on the textures used in those renders above, the boat hull could do with a bit of shine on it, possibly a satin finish and the smokestack in the first render appears to have an obvious tiling to it, I might be wrong there as I do not know the texture.

Chillblast PC
i-7 3.07ghz 64 bits system.
nvidia GeForce GTX 460 1gb Graphics Card.
16Gb Ram.
Win 7 64 bit.
Renditioner Pro v3 (2.3.81851-2.4.81818-8.3.80994)

* September 25, 2014, 01:30:18 PM
Nice works.  I really like the Grill Anderson Express. 

And your use of fire in the top rendering.

Have you gone through the tutorials?

http://forums.idx-design.com/index.php?topic=1042.0

Also if you have ideas on other movies that you'd like to see let us know.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 01:34:24 PM by dtaylor »

* October 02, 2014, 08:51:24 AM
Thanks for all the info. I appreciate the comments. I will get back involved here soon as I can. I had to take a break from my rendering efforts to focus on other projects. I will be back soon. Thank You! I look forward to learning a great deal more about it all.