Register

Renditioner compatible with sketchup 2014 available in the general discussion thread - SKETCHUP 2014.

PC and Mac Fix: Darker images, and blueish tinted images.
Read 9817 times
* June 05, 2008, 04:59:12 PM
In the first versions of IDX Renditioner for the PC we've had reports of the renders being too dark and/or having too much of a blue tint.  Mac users look at the next post.  PC users continue:

We've corrected this with a quick patch that will be incorporated in the very next build.

Just download and run this file.  It is small and quick.  It will change the temperature (color value) of the sky which improves render image quality.  Here's the link:

http://downloads.imsidesign.com/IDX_Renditioner_PC_1.01_Update_LWA.exe

-- William

EDIT:  This patch is not needed unless you have downloaded and installed IDX Renditioner prior to June 24, 2008 at about 2pm California time.  Since that time the .lwa file has been incorporated in all new builds/downloads.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 02:43:02 PM by wmanning »

* June 05, 2008, 05:09:47 PM
For users of the Mac version, the same color temperature improvements can made by downloading the attached file and unzipping it to get the file named:  IDXRenditioner.lwa

The file should replace a file with the same name.  In the Finder, copy it to:

Macintosh HD \ Library \ Application Support \ Google SketchUp 6 \ SketchUp \ Plugins \ IDX Renditioner

In that folder you should see an older file named IDXRenditioner.lwa and you can choose to either replace it, or you may prefer to change the name to IDXRenditioner.lwa.bak so that it is available as a backup in case you wish to use it again later.

[attachment deleted by admin]

* January 17, 2009, 03:05:07 AM
I have been having problems working out the lighting. It seems if  i use sketchup sun I lose my interior lights.
and if my interior lights  are on i can't have an exterior light source. I have attached the eg in case. The shopfront needs to have directed at it  as welll as have lighting on inside. How can i do this?

[attachment deleted by admin]

* January 17, 2009, 08:08:23 AM
Are you using v1.0?  This is posted in the old version 1.0 section, so if not I can move the thread.  If you are using v1.0 -- update to the v1.1.

In the toolbar there is a light bulb.  Click that and you will open the Lighting Dialog.  Both Natural Lighting and Artificial Lighting should be turned on.  Make sure that the bottom part is gray -- you do not want to Override SketchUp Sun, so that it uses the SketchUp position.  If you already have Light fixtures  inside, one thing you can do is just move the natural light slider a bit to the left or right to adjust the balance between the natural and artificial lighting.  If you have artificial lights on, but not enough sun coming in, or it appears there is no sun, move the slider to the left.

If you believe the artificial lights are actually off when the sun is on, try adding one test light that is small but close to the wall, and shining RED or some easily visible color.  If it shines, then it really is balance.

William

* May 04, 2009, 08:48:40 AM
Hi,
back after months.

I use version 1.1 (SU7, Vista). My renders are still blueish on Overcast setting and too dark in all settings. It's very annoying.

My job is to render few scenes (or models) in order to compare them. Light looks diiferent on each other (!). I know that there is some correction depending on visible background but I think it isn't good idea.

I have to say that I use Podium because of this problem. It would be great if IDX Renditioner could handle that in so easy way.

I promise to send some examples of that problem.

* May 04, 2009, 09:25:40 AM
Hi Marcin, and welcome back.

We're really aware of this problem of dark renders, much worse on some systems than others.  All related to tone mapping.  That should be significantly improved with our next version (no timeline yet).  The blue tint on some cloudy renders is too extreme too, as you say, and will be corrected as well.

William

* November 10, 2009, 11:52:59 PM
is it possible get  disc (hardcopy) of IDX renditioner posted to me. Also I am having a problem with every model i attempt to render it loads to 99% then crashes

* November 11, 2009, 12:26:58 PM
For the disk you will need to contact CustomerSupport@imsidesign.com -- I don't believe they can send anything out for the free version of the product though.  The disk for the full version would essentially have the download on a disk like a backup, and doesn't include other materials.

Regarding the crashes, are you still on Renditioner 1.0 or have you updated to 1.1?  If not, you should do so.  You can go to www.idx-design.com and download either the free version, or if using the full version, just download the trial version (it is the same -- the only difference is the Serial Number to use), but when installing use the same serial number as you have from before.

If you are having crashes with v1.1, post details of your problem (preferably in the regular problem area and not here in the version 1.0 thread).  You might find some of the same issues with slow renders are the same things that hang your renders.  Try looking at items in this thread:  http://forums.idx-design.com/index.php?topic=650.0

* November 12, 2009, 02:04:47 AM
Thank you. I have the full version so I will download the new free version and see how  I go .