Register

Renditioner compatible with sketchup 2014 available in the general discussion thread - SKETCHUP 2014.

Artistic Scene with IDX - Texture test
Read 4841 times
* June 15, 2009, 11:58:13 AM
Hi

I just received full version of IDX-R. Overall felling at the 1st rendering with hi reso is great. This software is full of surprises in very compact format. I am sharing my 1st rendering here.

The 1st thing I wanted to check is its detail quality. So i did quick play with composition of few available models in 3d ware house and standard component SKU6. Thinking to create an artiistic scene of workspace of a historian. With depending on only 3 invisible point lights for general lighting and candle I intended to let the texture showing up naturally. The modelling finished in 10-15 minutes.

Here is my rendering setting:
wide screen format
4096x2086 pixels
Scene: Room
Lighting: Interior
Presentation Rendering
Image Quality: High
L accuracy: (Full slider) Accurate

Overall rendering time is 10498s
This rendering time so far is very acceptable (avarage) to me for hi reso since it is generating all different texture, transparancy level and reflection.

I attached also some crop samples of the textures.

Envaro

[attachment deleted by admin]

* June 19, 2009, 10:10:33 AM
There is some really good stuff in there Envaro.  I really like the texture on the chair.  But also the books' pages, the parchments, and at the very top, the little bit of the curtains that are shown.

Candles are the most difficult light to get right.  You did get a good warm color from its light, which is nice too.

-- William

* June 19, 2009, 04:18:18 PM
You did this in 15 Minutes  :o Incredible. Great textures.

* May 21, 2010, 12:03:38 AM
There is some really good stuff in there Envaro.  I really like the texture on the chair.  But also the books' pages, the parchments, and at the very top, the little bit of the curtains that are shown.

Candles are the most difficult light to get right.  You did get a good warm color from its light, which is nice too.

-- William

It is very excellent art work. Yeah, your right the texture is a very good, very artistic scene of workspace . Very nice, keep it up. You're the best.  ;)

* June 25, 2010, 10:33:40 AM
How did you apply Texture to your SketchUp Model without getting a Tiled effect when the pattern repeats to cover the entire surface - in this case a chair or wall?

I am trying to get this brick pattern to look cleaner on the Wall. (Seeing the pattern Tile Blend seamlessly in itself - not a Tiled Look).

Thanks,
Andrew Telker, LEED AP

January 12, 2011, 02:33:18 AM
Had another look at this and it looks like the geometry is 'broken' with lots of facets.  A single piece of geometry will 'show' the texture better and allow tiling to work properly.  Unless you do this the result will not be what you are looking for.  My guess would be that this is a 3ds or other such import.

Chillblast PC
i-7 3.07ghz 64 bits system.
nvidia GeForce GTX 460 1gb Graphics Card.
16Gb Ram.
Win 7 64 bit.
Renditioner Pro v3 (2.3.81851-2.4.81818-8.3.80994)

* January 24, 2011, 06:23:50 PM
I worked a little more on this Project.

First,
I modified the design a bit more in Google SketchUp.  
Next,
I went into Adobe Photoshop, and "tweaked" a photo of a brick wall I found on the Internet.  I combined a few different images to give the wall the whitewash effect.
Then,
In Google SketchUp, I applied the image as a material to the wall, and adjusted the settings in IDX.  I added a few lights, and made a few more adjustments.  All in All, this was a quick, preliminary (pre)Render, and spent only 30 Minutes on setting up Light placement & luminousity settings, and Rendered as a  High Quality Image with IDX Renditioner.
IDX gives me real good results very quickly, but it is harder to get over the next hump of Realism.  It is a good tool.

Andrew Telker

« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 12:20:26 AM by Mike »

* January 27, 2011, 09:43:39 AM
great work envaro!!
the only unrealistic thing is a the spilled wine. other than that, impressive!