Register

Renditioner compatible with sketchup 2014 available in the general discussion thread - SKETCHUP 2014.

post-processing for our images
Read 2814 times
March 17, 2011, 02:48:22 AM
I'm Mike, graphic artist from the Philippines. I use Adobe Photoshop CS4 for processing my images (this is not an endorsement), and I want to share my knowledge with you guys. Here are a couple of tips:

1. To make your pictures more visible (this is for UNDER-exposed pics), Open file(jpg,tif, png, whatever as long as it's a picture or image), then duplicate your file [ctrl(PC) or cmd(mac)+j]. On the duplicated pic, change the transparency from normal to screen). Duplicate the duplicated file as needed. Adjust the opacity as needed. Add masking if needed. That's it.

2. To make your pictures more visible (this is for OVER-exposed pics), Open file(jpg,tif, png, whatever as long as it's a picture or image), then duplicate your file [ctrl(PC) or cmd(mac)+j]. On the duplicated pic, change the transparency from normal to multiply). Duplicate the duplicated file as needed. Adjust the opacity as needed. Add masking if needed. That's it.

Thanks

* March 17, 2011, 11:48:41 PM
Heeeeeey thanks a lot Mike for your tips!!!

I just try them and they worked very well, although I use Corel Photo Paint instead of Photoshop.

March 18, 2011, 02:28:26 AM
nice to hear that bro @ least I could help others.

March 19, 2011, 02:59:47 AM
Yes sir I believe Fireworks and Photoshop are like twins with different focuses.

March 19, 2011, 03:03:05 AM
And since we are in the post processing, I also advise to check out Adobe Bridge CS3 to CS5 since they have their own editor (for Jpgs, Tiffs, and Camera Raw). Just press Ctrl or Cmd+R. I am also an intensive user of that program. ;D