Register

Renditioner compatible with sketchup 2014 available in the general discussion thread - SKETCHUP 2014.

Using Renditioner in batch automation in Ruby
Read 2575 times
* March 29, 2011, 01:15:09 AM
Hello,

I'm looking for information how to programatically use Renditioner from SketchUp 7.
I do some batch processing of sketches.  I wrote all the code but rendering.
I do not know how to set some lighting conditons.
I now how to start rendering but the method imediatelly returns while the rendering is not yet complete.
I do not know how to wait for the rendering to complete.
And I also do not know, how to save the rendered picture.

Can anyone help me?

March 29, 2011, 02:56:38 AM
Firstly, I cannot understand exactly what you are asking.  I shall have a stab at the ruby question though, go to the sketchucation forum and ask in the ruby section and I am pretty sure you will get the advice you will need.  http://forums.sketchucation.com/viewforum.php?f=332&sid=a0c5a73fc4565762aaa3e715001df8e5

I do not know which version of renditioner you are asking about so specifics about saving will be impossible here, read the manual for v1 and have a look at the pdf files for v2 and you will get your answers there.  The pdf files for v2 are located in the help file in your renditioner installation, you will have to navigate your way there I'm afraid as I do not know where you installed it.

When in doubt, rtfm.

PS.  "I do not know how to wait for the rendering to complete".  I usually make a cup of tea.

Chillblast PC
i-7 3.07ghz 64 bits system.
nvidia GeForce GTX 460 1gb Graphics Card.
16Gb Ram.
Win 7 64 bit.
Renditioner Pro v3 (2.3.81851-2.4.81818-8.3.80994)

* March 29, 2011, 05:19:54 AM
Excuse me for not beeing more precise.

I do batch automation in SketchUp.
This means I write program in Ruby which do all the necessary things.
I use SketchUp API to do the SketchUp parts of the work,
but I don't have knowledge about Renditioner API to do redering.

I inspect the IDXRenditioner.rb, so I found some methods I can use.  But those are not enough to do my work.

Firstly, I cannot understand exactly what you are asking.  I shall have a stab at the ruby question though, go to the sketchucation forum and ask in the ruby section and I am pretty sure you will get the advice you will need.  http://forums.sketchucation.com/viewforum.php?f=332&sid=a0c5a73fc4565762aaa3e715001df8e5
My question is not about Ruby.  It's about Renditioner.

I do not know which version of renditioner you are asking about so specifics about saving will be impossible here, read the manual for v1 and have a look at the pdf files for v2 and you will get your answers there.  The pdf files for v2 are located in the help file in your renditioner installation, you will have to navigate your way there I'm afraid as I do not know where you installed it.

When in doubt, rtfm.

PS.  "I do not know how to wait for the rendering to complete".  I usually make a cup of tea.
I have version 1.1 pdf.  But there is nothig to answer my question.

PS: I'll RTFM if you say me where in TFM to R.

March 29, 2011, 05:56:47 AM
The manual will tell you how to save the render you produce, also how to set lighting conditions.  I was not suggesting tfm has any insights into ruby integration.  Just what part of rendering in renditioner do you not get?

Not sure renditioner v1 is set up for batch rendering, integrating a ruby into renditioner or any other render program will be the speciality of the sketchucation forum where such integration is practised every day.  APart from that you may want to talk to someone on the online support site.

Not being a developer or in management I have asked if someone from the company can answer your questions more fully.

Chillblast PC
i-7 3.07ghz 64 bits system.
nvidia GeForce GTX 460 1gb Graphics Card.
16Gb Ram.
Win 7 64 bit.
Renditioner Pro v3 (2.3.81851-2.4.81818-8.3.80994)

* March 29, 2011, 10:03:12 AM
I'm sorry, we haven't exposed any end-user programmability in Renditioner at this time. If the demand is there we may consider it in a future version.