Register

Renditioner compatible with sketchup 2014 available in the general discussion thread - SKETCHUP 2014.

Large white kitchen render
Read 2876 times
* April 05, 2011, 09:46:21 AM
The intent here is to create a well lit scene which shows off the cabinetry.  I have a grid of ceiling lights with low power and wide cones.  I've taken to using invisible point lights as my under cabinet lighting.  I've not had luck getting spots to create an even lighting effect under the wall cabinets.  I have low power spot lights inside the glass door sections.  I have a low level of natural light coming in the window by the clean up sink.  I also have some low power point lights nested inside the hanging fixtures.  I'd like to get some feedback.  The areas I'd most like to improve are the unnatural shadowing that happens below the pot filler above the rangetop.  I'm also not happy with the shadowing on the crown molding at places which is from the ceiling lights.  I do not have under cabinet lights above the computer screen.  I'm sure that would help the odd shadowing at the desk surface.  I'm not sure how to address the odd shadowing at the knee space at the desk area.  I'm really interested in hearing how to improve this.  Thanks!

[attachment deleted by admin]

* April 05, 2011, 04:05:50 PM
Looks like a V1 render. The shading, and multiple shadows are probably the result of having so many light fixtures. IMO only another modeler would find fault in the render. If for a client's design approval, the image is good to go. Have you tried to post process?

* April 05, 2011, 04:21:14 PM
Thanks H-D.  It is a V-1 render and it is for client approval.  The image is not post processed, but I'll tweak it a bit before presenting it. 

* April 05, 2011, 10:26:49 PM
For ceiling lights I usually put the light source a little bit under the light fixture, this way you see less shadows at the top af the walls.
Nice render and model though!

Tony van Loon
Civil Engineer & 3d Artist

* April 11, 2011, 03:31:55 AM
goog render,

- can you make design on ceiling i think for me it's better. you can put decorative gypsum you can put concealed light on gypsum.